Asthma is a chronic disease that inflames and narrows your airways in the lungs and makes breathing an extremely difficult task for the patient. The airways remain inflamed in this condition and the muscles around the airways always remain tightened when a trigger flares up the asthma and you suffer from a full fledged asthma attack. Even to witness a severe attack makes your own breath alter; such is the excruciating situation for the patient.
Asthma is very common nowadays. It is basically a condition in which a person's airway becomes swollen and produces extra mucus, which makes breathing difficult. Some of the common signs of identifying the condition are frequently short of breath, coughing, especially while doing exercise, difficulty in breathing normally, chest tightness, wheezing, etc. All its symptoms are very serious and can be deadly if you left them untreated.
There can be many causes of asthma like allergies, environmental factors, genetics, smoke and tobacco, respiratory infections and certain medications. Symptoms of asthma may include Shortness of Breath or Losing your Breath Easily, Frequent Cough, Especially at Night, Feeling tired while doing any physical activity, wheezing and tightness in the chest.
You can take the proper medication as per recommended by your doctor, but to get relief from its symptoms, here are some natural remedies you can try. So, take a look and make sure you take professional assistance before opting for any of the below-mentioned technique:
· Garlic And Onion: Onions are rich in anti-inflammatory property that fight against any allergy and garlic stimulate the excretory organ that strengthens your lungs. Therefore, it is considered as the best and effective ways to treat the Asthma naturally.
· Flaxseeds: Another thing you need to add to your diet to manage the Asthma symptoms is flaxseeds. These are loaded with omega 3 fatty acids and prove to be very effective in treating this deadly disease naturally.
· Vitamin C: Foods that are rich in Vitamin C like Guava, Green Peppers, Orange, Papaya, Strawberries, etc. lessens the spasms of a bronchial passage, which reduce wheezing and shortness of breathing. Therefore, it is highly recommended for all Asthma patients to include vitamin C in their diet.
· Ginger:It is a well-known relaxant for asthma patients as it can reduce the inflammation in the airway. It gives you a relaxing effect, and prevent asthma attacks. Moreover, it can enhance the effects of certain asthma drugs and increase the relaxation of the muscles. Various methods to consume ginger are:
You can eat it raw by mixing it with salt.
Equal quantities of ginger juice, honey and pomegranate juice can be mixed and 1 tbsp of this mixture consumed thrice a day.
1 tsp. of ground ginger added to half cup of water can be consumed at bedtime.
· Mustard Oil: It is another good way of relaxing your respiratory tract. You must use mustard oil with a little amount of camphor and massage it gently on the chest and upper back to relieve the passages and restore normal breathing. It is especially beneficial during asthma attacks and can help in immediately subsiding the symptoms
· Coffee: The caffeine content of the coffee acts as a dilator of the bronchial tissues and can help in clearing the air passage. Moreover, consuming hot coffee will ease the airway and help you in breathing properly. However, you should not consume more than 3 cups of strong coffee in a day as too much of caffeine intake is not good for health.
· Turmeric: This is something that is available in every kitchen and it helps to cure the asthma symptoms due to the presence of curcumin in it, which ensure better air flow. Make sure you consult the expert before adding to your diet the right way to see only the positive effects.
· Honey: The consumption of honey is considered to be one of the oldest home remedy for asthma. Even the smell of honey is known to have worked wonders for some people and it is highly recommended to try out honey if you're having troubles with your breathing. Just mix 1 tsp of honey in a glass of water (hot) and drink it gradually. Repeat this at least three times a day for positive results.
· Magnesium: Foods like Chocolate, Cashew, Banana, Figs, etc. are high in magnesium that relaxes the muscles of the respiratory tract and help you manage the symptoms of asthma.
These are some of the natural remedies that help you manage the symptoms of asthma. Therefore, you should include it in your diet. Also, make sure you take expert assistance before including any of the above remedies, as the usage and quantity of usage may be varied as per your condition. Don't leave the condition untreated, take the proper medication and cure the condition naturally, so you can live healthier and happier like before!