Fruits are very beneficial to the human health and also an amazing source of income. Fruits are good sources vitamins and minerals which are essential for our healthy living. Fruits like Mangoes are also good sources of carbohydrates. There are so many amazing benefits of fruits to us and we'll share them today.
Importance of Fruits in Daily Life
- Fruits boost energyFruits like mangoes are good sources of carbohydrates, which in turn supply the body of the energy it requires to carry out its daily activities. Carbohydrates are a major food source and a key form of energy for most organisms. They consist of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen atoms.
However, if you're watching your carbohydrate intake, you should go for low-carb fruits like watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, honeydews, avocados and peaches.
See Next: 7 Incredible Health Benefits Of The Bitter Kola You Must See
- Fruits promote your heart's healthDifferent fruits like apple, cantaloupe, apricot, orange, grapefruit, banana and berries help in the protection of the heart. They are rich in contents like carotenoids, flavonoids, potassium, magnesium and fiber. They also contain some necessary vitamins like Vit. A, Vit. B6, Vit. C, Vit. E, Vit. K, and folate. They all aid in the regulation of the cholesterol the body which in turn, prevent heart diseases such as heart attack, stroke and atherosclerosis.
- Fruits help in the prevention of diabetesFruits are helpful in the prevention of some chronic ailments of which diabetes is not an exception. Type 2 diabetes is very common in the world and low-carb fruits like watermelon, apple, cantaloupe, banana, strawberries, plum, honeydews, cherry, avocados and peaches are recommended for the patients.
These fruits have a low GI and help in the controlling of the sugar level in the body. Also avoid foods that contain artificial sweeteners and eat more fresh fruits.
- Fruits are essential in cancer preventionFruits like goji berry, soursop, tangerines, oranges and camu camu play a major roles in the prevention of the breast and liver cancers. Regular consumption of these fruits will help you stay healthy and keep cancer away.
See Next: 5 Powerful Benefits Of Drinking Moringa Every Day
- Fruits help in lowering the blood pressureFruits like apple, banana, apricots, mango, pear, melons and plums that are rich in potassium help in reducing our blood pressure. This is because the minerals have been connected to the regulation of the blood pressure due to its vasodilating properties.
- Fruits help in the treatment and prevention of kidney stonesCitrus fruits such as lemons and oranges are very rich in Vitamin C which help in the treatment of kidney stones. So if you've been diognized with Kidney Stones, it'll be helpful if increase your intake of such foods unless advised otherwise by your medical doctor.
Also, fruits that don't contain much sodium are great for individuals suffering from painful conditions.
- Fruits contribute maximally to bone healthCalcium is one of the minerals that is very essential for life. Aside building of our bones and keeping them healthy, it also helps in blood clotting, muscles contraction, and heart beating. Fruits such as oranges and grapefruits are very rich in this calcium and vitamin K. These two minerals are very essential to the body and can't be done without.
- Fruits help in the prevention of diseasesFruits like bananas contain essential chemicals like potassium which aid in the prevention of anxiety, high blood pressure and strokes. The combination of powerful antioxidants, flavonoids, phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals are very beneficial to our health.
Regular consumption of fruits also help reduce the risk of chronic health conditions like cancer, indigestion, stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes and heart diseases.
- Fruits help in the digestion of foodFruits that are rich in fibre aid in the digestion process in our bodies while helping us stay safe from constipation and gastritis. It is advisable to consume the edible parts of the flesh of fruits like oranges, lemons, melons and bananas. They contain enough fibre which is very essential in proper digestion and contribute to excretion in the body.
SHOCKING! These 10 Foods Are Killing You Slowly
- Fruits help in controlling of weightFruits like Lychee contain minute amount of calories and help to cut down the body weight. Also, there are many fruits that are free from fats that are recommended for people that are watching their weights, example of such fruits include avocados,olives and coconuts.
Surveys carried out in some American families revealed that there was a great reduction in weight after a regular intake of fruits.