The health benefits of bitter kola and honey cannot be generally underestimated, as it can be combined with so many other natural products to yield some desired results, though many of which haven't been medically proven, I really believe they work for the people who use them, and that's why they keep doing that. With so many people asking for the spiritual benefits of bitter kola, there is no doubt that it is widely used for spiritual rituals and activities. The major disadvantages of bitter kola revolve around the fact that some people are allergic to it, where no severe medical conditions have been noticed from the intake of the product. The effect of bitter kola on sperm have also been said to be amazing, as it helps the general male reproduction.
So now for people who are yet to know, what is bitter kola used for and what is bitter kola itself? What is the relationship between bitter kola and weight loss and are there any bitter kola side effects? What are the major kola nut benefits? We will run down that in a few paragraphs now.
There is a quote that good medicine are always known by their bitter tastes...Lol. I don't know how true this is, but I think whosoever said it must have tasted the bitter kola. The usage of this nature given product has also been extended from the traditional activities, and their nuts, seeds and even the bark are being used to treat so many ailments.
Also being a major source of minerals and vitamins such as A, B1, B2, B3, C, E, iron, potassium and calcium, they also are a great source of antioxidants. These researches have been carried out by several accredited institutions and they have further exposed the goodness of the nature given gift.
Here are some of the amazing benefits of the bitter kola:
- Bitter kola helps in improving the immunity systemWith it's high level of antioxidants, bitter kola doesn't only increase the immunity level of the human body, but also aids it to fight bacteria and other illnesses.
This in turn helps the body to be well prepared against other infections it may encounter.
- It helps to combat sexually transmitted diseasesSo many scientists have been fighting for ages to tackle the issues of STDs and keep the human race safer, but this battle seems unending. Kola has shown some antibacterial activities on some clinical isolates of the Streptococcus pyrogens, Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli and the Salmonella typhi.
Read Next: 5 Powerful Benefits Of Drinking Moringa Every Day
- Bitter kola helps to improve the sexual impotenceResearches have proven that bitter kola is a king in terms of improving the sexual performances of those who take it. It not only improves the sexual performance of those who take it, but also increases their sex drive. It is advisable for people to chew kola at least two minutes before they have sex with their partners.
- It is an anti-malarial agentSome recent researches have shown that the chemical constituents of the bitter kola possess anti-malarial properties. No wonder the traditional healers have for so many years used the product as a major prescription for the treatment of malaria.
Moreover, the seeds, bark and stem of the bitter kola also help in the treatment of throat infections, acute fever conditions and inflammation of the respiratory tract.
Read Next: SHOCKING! These 10 Foods Are Killing You Slowly
- Bitter kolas improve the functions of the human lungsCounter effects affecting the lung tissues and fibers are not only stabilized by a regular consumption of kola, but they also strengthen these organs.
It also helps to maintain the respiratory tract and in the treatment of chest cold.
Maybe that is why we always see smokers with bitter kola!
- It helps in the fighting of glaucomaGlaucoma is a medical condition which is associated with increased pressure withing the human eyeball and might gradually cause a depreciation in the eye sight. It could result in permanent blindness if not well treated and we would never bargain for that.
According to a publication by the Lagos University Teaching Hospital journal, regular consumption of the kola could help reduce this eye pressure.
See Next: Prevent Cancer Before It Kills You - READ THIS NOW
- It is a remedy for osteoarthritisOsteoarthritis is also another medical condition and is associated with pain and stiffness of the knee, hips and thumb joints, which is caused by the degeneration of the underlying bones and the joint cartilage. It is another common form of the medical condition, arthritis.
According to the National Institutes of Health, joint injuries, aging and obesity can also be causes of the Osteoarthritis.
However, the good news is that some researchers in a Nigerian university, the Obafemi Awolowo University have tested the effects of this bitter kola as against the arthritis and related issues, and concluded that is to a great percentage, reduces pain and inflammation.
It also increases joint movement in the osteoarthritis patients.
You have seen them right? Bitter kola is perfectly recommended for you. Let your friends see that too, kindly use the share buttons!
Featured Image Credit: Pulse.NG
Article Source: Healthy Staying